You must not be shocked if you run into your family dentist somewhere else in the town other than his/her office. Dentists can have a wide range of interests other than just removing plaque from your teeth and performing more complicated procedures such as root canal, implantation, extraction, etc. Now, are you wondering what exactly dentists do when they are not in the office.
- Everyone loves coffee, including dentists all across the globe. Coffee is fascinating, delicious, and capable of initiating conversations. So if their dental clinic is inner-city, they usually love cafes. Explore the cafes in the varied European locations or the coffee culture of Southern Australia. Pay a visit to the coffee farms in Bolivia or Ethiopia.
- Some dentists may be quite creative, so they can complete a novel, crunch posts for the blog, or create an eBook in their spare time. Writing is an exceptional way of sharing experiences in the oral care industry. There are multiple amazing publications online that will accept perceptive contributions from experienced dentists.
- The dentists have accumulated a huge amount of knowledge from webinars, seminars, training sessions, and real-life interactions. Teaching is an incredible hobby. There are schools and other educational institutions that accept part-time teachers. The instructional platforms like Udemy are also the best spots to become a teacher.
- In case a dentist loves volunteering, he/she can spend his/her leisure time helping underprivileged people. There are several places the dentists can volunteer by offering oral care services. These places include hospitals, prisons, recovery centers, senior homes, and schools. Part of being a dentist, after all, involves cultivating empathy for the patients.
- If the dentist is on hilly ground, they may prefer local hiking. Several researches have proved that dental practitioners are devoted participants in sports. They prefer sports such as golf, tennis, basketball, football, soccer, baseball, hockey, and volleyball. Outside of the traditional sports, dentists are also known to enjoy swimming, skiing, camping, and just admitting the outdoors in general.
- In their spare time, the dentists get substantial time to learn a brand-new language- maybe Latin, French, Russian, Spanish, or German. At times, it is generally fun to communicate with foreign patients in their native language. Nowadays, there are various platforms you can utilize to learn the desired language. Many provide videos, podcasts, and eBooks.
- The dentists who have appealing vocal codes can take up music lessons. By working in a clinical setting for a prolonged period, the dentists have already developed a disciplined approach, which is necessary to learn new things. So it will be easy for them to get into a band r local choir. They can also play their favorite instruments, such as guitar or piano.
Although not representative of everyone, studies have shown that a large number of dentists enjoy clamming, or in other words, collecting shells on the beaches. There is one who formulates musical compositions for the Wii games, one who has performed in the band – “Men without Hats,” etc. It is not all fluoride and lab coats. The dentists have a life outside of the practice.